- 4 x La Banderita La Casera corn tortillas
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 1 x 400g can of kidney or black beans
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Coriander leaves, to serve
Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the chilli, capsicum, beans and season and cook for 2 minutes then add the spices followed by the tomatoes. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until mixture is slightly reduced.
Make 4 small indents in the stew and break eggs into the indent. Cook, covered, for 4-5 minutes or until eggs are just set.
Serve with warmed tortillas and sprinkle with the coriander leaves.