- La Banderita Totopos stone ground corn chips
- 1 x 400g piece of kingfish sashimi, dice in 1 cm cubes
- 1 large tomatoes and seeds removed
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 French shallot, finely chopped
- 1 few drops of Tabasco
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small handful of coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 of an avocado, quartered and fanned
To remove skins from tomato, bring a pot of water to the bowl. Cut a cross into the base of the tomatoes and place in boiling water. Blanch for 10 seconds and then immediately plunge into iced water. Peel away skins. Cut into quarters, remove seeds and finely chop.
Place the kingfish into a non-reactive bowl (glass) and add the tomato, jalapeno, shallots, a good pinch of salt and a splash of tabasco. Add the freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice and fold through the coriander.
Spoon ceviche into a shallow bowl, garnish with avocado and serve with lots of totopos corn chips.