Tequila & Chipotle Prawn Tacos
- 4 x 6" La Banderita flour tortillas
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 15g butter
- 1kg raw large king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, chopped plus 1 tbs of its sauce
- 1 tbs. honey
- 1/4 tsp. chilli powder
- 1-2 tbs. tequila
- 3 tbs. sour cream
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 of iceberg, finely shredded
- 4 radish, chopped into matchsticks
- Pinch of salt
Combine chipotle, honey and chilli powder with a good pinch of salt. Add prawns and marinate for about 30 minutes, or if you like overnight.
Mix the sour cream with the zest and juice of a lime and salt.
In a pan heat oil and butter over a medium to high heat and then add the prawns. Fry, tossing regularly for about a minute until they change colour. Carefully add the tequila and flambé. Once the flames have subsided remove from the heat.
Warm the flour tortillas in a dry pan over a medium heat for one minute on each side until soft. Keep warm in a clean tea towel.
Add a generous spoonful of sour cream on to tortillas. Top with iceberg lettuce, followed by the prawns and radish.