Baja-Style Grilled Fish Tacos
- 4 x La Banderita 6" corn Street Tacos
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 4 x 175g barramundi fillets, skin on (or coral trout, blue eye, blue grenadier, flat head, kingfish)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
- Juice 1/2 a lime plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs. jarred jalapeños, chopped plus 1 tbs. of the pickling liquid
- 2 sprigs of mint, leaves picked, plus extra to serve
- 2 sprigs of coriander, plus extra to serve
- Salt and pepper
For the jalapeño crema place all ingredients into a small blender or use a jug and stick blender and blend until a smooth sauce forms. Place in the fridge until ready serve.
Cut the fish fillets in half lengthways. Drizzle oil all over fish and season with salt. Sprinkle paprika on the flesh side only. Heat a grill pan or BBQ over a high heat and cook fish, skin side first for 3-4 minutes. Turn and cook for a further minute.
Dress the cabbage with lime juice, a splash of oil and salt.
Heat the tacos in a pan over a medium heat for 1 minute on each side. Keep warm in a clean tea towel.
To serve, place a small mound of the cabbage onto each taco, top with fish and drizzle crema over the top. Serve with extra coriander, mint and lime wedges.