Battered Fish Tacos
- 4 x La Banderita Soft Taco flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 x 150g (approx.) flathead fillets, skin removed and pin-boned
- 225g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 375ml beer, chilled
- Lime, to serve
- 3 tbs. sour cream
- 3 tbs. Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbs. chipotle in adobo sauce, chilli chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
Whisk together the sauce ingredients.
Place the flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Gently whisk in the beer to keep it aerated and just combined. It should be the consistency of thickened cream.
Heat oil in a fryer or wok to 180°C and line a tray with a rack.
Working with a few fillets at a time, dip into the batter and allow any excess to drip off. Lower into the hot oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the batter is golden and crisp and the fish is cooked through. Drain on the rack and season again with a small pinch of salt.
Warm tortillas in a pan over a medium heat for a minute on each side and keep warm in a clean tea towel.
Toss the dressing through the slaw ingredients. To serve, fill the tortillas with slaw and battered fish and lime on the side.