Chicken Skewer Tacos
with Peanut & Chilli Salsa
- 8 x La Banderita 8" flour tortillas
- 8 chicken thighs, cut into 4
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbs. of chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small tomato, cut into 4
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. allspice powder
- 1/4 cup of crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 a small savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 bunch of coriander, stalks and leaves chopped
- 1/4 bunch of mint, leaves picked and torn
- 1 lime, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 6 spring onions, light and white part finely sliced on a diagonal
- Salt and pepper
To make the salsa, puree all the ingredients in a blender with 2 tablespoons of warm water until smooth.
Thread the chicken pieces onto metal skewers (if using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes first). Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over chicken and season with salt, pepper and oregano. Preheat a BBQ or gridle pan to medium-high heat. Cook the skewers for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through and slightly charred.
Combine the cabbage, herbs, lime segments and spring onions in a bowl. Drizzle over remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss.
Warm the tortillas in a dry pan over a medium heat for 1 minute on each side. Serve chicken skewers, salsa and salad on a platter with the warm tortillas.