Chicken Tortilla Salad
with Chipotle Dressing
- 3 x 8” flour tortillas
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cooked chicken, bones and skin removed then shredded
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups of baby spinach leaves
- 1 x 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 corn, cooked and kernels cut off cob
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced on a diagonal
- 3 sprigs of coriander, leaves picked
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbs. chipotle in adobe sauce, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 tbs. Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
For the tortilla chips, pre heat the oven 180°C. Brush the tortillas with olive oil on both sides and season with salt and smoked paprika. Place on a tray and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove and cool.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
Combine the cabbage, spinach, beans, corn, spring onions, coriander and chicken in a large bowl. Gently toss through dressing. Roughly break the tortilla chips up and toss 3/4 through. Top with the remaining chips and serve immediately.