Lamb Kofta Wraps
with Spiced Yoghurt
- 4 x La Banderita Burrito Grande tortillas
- 1 tbs. olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 600g lamb mince
- 1 red onion, grated
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground chilli
- 1 tsp. all spice
- 3 sprigs of coriander, finely chopped
- 12 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 3/4 cup of Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/2 cup of cooked wholemeal couscous
- 2 small or 4 snack-size Lebanese cucumber, cut into rounds
- 1 punnet of mixed colour cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 small sprigs of parsley, leaves picked
- 1/4 tsp. sumac plus extra
- 1 tbs. red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Combine the lamb, grated onion, spices, coriander and salt and pepper in a bowl. Combine by kneading with your hands for a minute to ensure the mixture becomes sticky. Divide the lamb mince into 12 portions and then shape around cinnamon stick "skewers". To make this easier wet your hands a little. Brush kofta with oil.
Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat and cook kofta for 2-3 minutes on each side.
For the salad, place the cooked couscous, cucumber, tomato, onion, parsley, sumac, vinegar, salt and pepper and oil into a bowl and toss.
Divide hummus between the tortillas and spread in the centre. Remove cinnamon sticks skewers from lamb and place 3 kofta on top of hummus the top with a few spoonfuls of salad. Wrap and serve as is or brush with extra oil and place in a pan or sandwich press to toast lightly for a minute.
Place on plates and garnish with a dollop of yoghurt on top. Sprinkle with a little extra sumac.